August 25, 2022
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need.
This position is funded by a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) cooperative agreement to enroll and retain underserved children and their parent/s that are currently without health insurance coverage. This position includes educating families on the availability of free or low-cost health coverage under Medicaid and CHIP, identifying children likely to be eligible for these programs, and assisting families with the application and renewal process. The Part-Time Temporary Enrollment Counselor (EC) will execute outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated enrollment services for Medicaid and Tennessee Children’s Health Insurance Program, and conduct post-enrollment follow-up. The Bilingual Enrollment Counselor will be fluent in both English and Spanish and work with assigned partners in the Shelby, Haywood, or Tipton County regions.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide courteous, professional and confidential assistance to children and parent/s that are currently underserved and uninsured.
- Provide benefits screening and application assistance for enrollment in Medicaid and Tennessee Children’s Health Insurance Program using the appropriate tools to streamline client enrollment processes.
- Provide benefits screening and application assistance for a wide range of additional benefits to further stabilize these households using Seedco’s EarnBenefits Online® (EBO) benefits screening tool.
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality;
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes;
- Conduct face-to-face educational and enrollment outreach to consumers in group and individual meetings;
- Attend local community events, health fairs, and other assigned venues to reach the targeted population;
- Participate in training sessions required by Seedco and community partners as directed;
- Make appropriate referrals to local Health Departments, Departments of Social Services and other entities for needed services.
- Follow all approved standard operating procedures and other applicable state and federal regulations;
- Effectively and consistently provide accurate and timely documentation of daily activities and results.
- Maintain accountability, reliability and dependability when performing all assigned job duties.
- Achieve performance targets, working closely with the others to identify and overcome challenges; and
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to all policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security.
- Ability to perform outreach, networking and market candidates and the program with focus on serving the Latino community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nonprofit management, nonprofit setting, healthcare settings, knowledge of medical insurance enrollment.
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required;
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually;
- Must be able to manage multiple projects;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or with employer and government contracts strongly preferred;
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills; and
- Experience working with young adults to build skills and achieve sustainable employment.
- Experience in managing and supporting client needs. Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced individuals, families and/or communities; particularly people living in poverty.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The Bilingual Enrollment Counselor will report directly to the Seedco MSRO Healthy Kids TN Program Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to:email@example.com with the subject line “Bilingual Enrollment Counselor-Healthy Kids TN”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.