March 1, 2023
Upper Eastern Shore
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunities for people, businesses, and communities in need. The Maryland Health Benefit Exchange (MHBE) has selected Seedco to manage the Connector Entity Program, provide education and health insurance opportunities, and enrollment assistance to residents in the Upper Eastern Shore and Southern Regions of Maryland. MHBE’s product, Maryland Health Connection, provides a marketplace for individuals, families, and small businesses to compare and enroll in health insurance, as well as determine eligibility for Medicaid, CHIP, federal tax credits and cost-sharing reductions in qualified health plans.
The Outreach Manager is responsible for ensuring the implementation of outreach and public education services throughout the assigned region, following an organized and consistent management approach, and using known best practices to meet established program and company goals and objectives. The Outreach Manager will assist grant management in providing leadership and oversite to areas such as program logistics, compliance, measurement of outreach activities, effectiveness, and reporting. The Outreach Manager will lead by example, establishing effective community partnerships with key stakeholders, agencies, and community-based organizations within the Southern or Upper Eastern Shore regions of Maryland, developing a cohesive network to implement outreach services. The Outreach Manager is charged with developing and leading a knowledgeable and proficient team of Outreach Specialists, ensuring professional and effective services to connect with and educate uninsured Marylanders about MHBE programs.
The Outreach Manager of the Upper Eastern Shore region will collaborate with the Outreach Manager of the Southern region to further identify opportunities, successes, and best practices.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Outreach Manager directly supervises up to 5 Outreach Specialists and all facets of the outreach program; provides its assigned communities with professional Outreach Specialists that are equipped with the skills and abilities to connect with consumers and partners, with an elevated level of professionalism, knowledge, and integrity.
The Outreach Manager will perform the following functions:
- Develop and implement a strategic outreach plan to meet the prescribed goals and objectives as identified by Seedco and MHBE.
- Identify strategies to reach MHBE established targeted populations of uninsured
- Identify organizations to partner with to reach the uninsured population within the assigned region and develop relationships with these organizations which expand Seedco’s capacity to reach the uninsured in the region.
- Create and maintain partnerships with each of the Local Health Departments and Departments of Social Services in the region.
- Implement events, programs, and social activities to connect Outreach Specialists with the uninsured
- Train the Outreach Specialists; to develop skills and communication with local community members, leaders, and the public.
- Monitor activities to ensure clear communication, and appropriate referrals
- Ensure that outreach activities are effectively informing consumers about available program benefits and enrollment assistance options available.
- Understand the basic elements included in the marketplace plans, insurance terms, tax credits, cost sharing reductions and other program benefits, Medicaid redetermination, enrollment periods and SEP.
The Outreach Manager ensures an effective Outreach Program by:
- Providing support and leadership to Outreach Specialists in the Upper Eastern Shore or Southern Region.
- Ensuring Outreach Specialists implement best practices including new initiatives and procedures.
- Identify and generate new partnerships, to garner consumer referrals, participating in events in the community, providing educational initiatives and generating positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Create partnerships with agencies, community-based organizations, community leaders, libraries, behavioral health providers, primary and secondary school point of contacts, faith-based groups, culturally diverse populations to reach the uninsured.
- Ensuring timely and accurate recording of outreach data in Salesforce, by reviewing input and outcome with each Outreach Associate to achieve optimal results.
- Providing leadership and scheduled team meetings designed to instill confidence, raise competency, provide new initiatives, and enhance communication, encouraging team building and collaboration, ensuring timely and appropriate attendance, disbursement of materials and program updates.
- Identify training topics that are specific to the current program nuances through semi-monthly all team conference calls, email communications and staff and team meetings.
- Coaching, team building and enhancing cohesiveness through regular communication and active listening; developing relationships w/each Outreach Associate to produce successful outcomes.
- Ensuring compliance and confidentiality are implemented to meet Seedco and federal/state PII/PHI standards.
- Collaborate with the Outreach Manager in Seedco’s other region to coordinate training initiatives and hold “all team” trainings, generally conducted 2-3 times a year in coordination with the Assistant Director and Senior Director.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Experience in a management and leadership position with increased responsibilities, measurable outcomes, in a professional environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success conducting outreach within communities including event initiatives, liaising with local leaders, and generating new partnerships.
- Attention to detail with exceptional project and time management skills.
- Advanced presentation skills and ability to liaise with local governmental agencies and community-based organizations.
- Ability to effectively direct workstream and program objectives, demonstrating collaboration to motivate and inspire staff.
- Create clarity and solutions, define objectives and methods to achieve them.
- BA desired- 5 years of team management related experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Residing in and strong working knowledge of Harford and Cecil counties and the Upper Eastern Shore of Maryland.
- Strong written, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft office suite software, especially Excel.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to transport event supplies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel throughout assigned territory
- Early evening and weekend work as identified by outreach events
This job is performed under general office conditions and within the community that will include some physical demands such as loading event display materials into and out of vehicles, setting up tables, chairs, and event booths. The ability to lift twenty pounds and walk regularly is required.
The Outreach Manager reports to the Assistant Director. Routine supervision provided with guidance to generate processes to achieve the established goals and objectives.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter describing their interest and qualifications for the position to MDjobs@seedco.org, with the subject line “Outreach Manager.” Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.