CASE MANAGER/FACILITATOR– MIDSOUTH MORE than READY
October 12, 2023
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance, the Midsouth More Than Ready initiative is designed to assist adults with a history of justice involvement living in high-poverty, high-crime communities find sustainable jobs and advance in their careers.
The case manager/facilitator works directly with adults who are presently incarcerated and will provide case management services both pre and post release. The case manager/facilitator will be responsible for facilitating a curriculum in group settings geared toward addressing barriers to employment through cognitive behavioral interventions and provide other trainings as needed. This position will also work closely with the Mentor Coordinator and Assistant Program Director to guide clients along specific career pathways and provide case management to address challenges to finding and sustaining employment. As the program serves individuals both pre and post release, should be willing and able to work in a correctional setting.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conduct intake with potential participants including eligibility screening.
- Conduct enrollment including a comprehensive assessment of needs.
- Facilitate employment related cognitive behavioral intervention curriculum in group settings.
- Provide individualized case management and collaborate with the Mentor Coordinator and Program Coordinator to address participant barriers and needs.
- Assist the Mentor Coordinator in the matching of mentors and program participants.
- Assist in the facilitation of Mentor Sessions.
- Move participants to employment upon release.
- Provide supportive services, referrals and create a support network for program participants both pre and post release. Initiate and follow through on Individual Success Plans.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in social service or case management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with adults from underserved communities or individuals with a history of criminal justice involvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with male and female re-entry populations, working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in government social services.
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders including family members, community organizations, and collateral contacts (probation officers, social workers, etc.).
- Experience working in a data driven environment.
- Strong computer and database skills (i.e. salesforce etc.).
- Experience working with individuals who have a history of criminal or juvenile justice involvement including incarceration.
- Experience working in a mentoring program or serving as a mentor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Assistant Program Director for the Midsouth More Than Ready program.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line “Case Manager-Facilitator, MSMTR”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.