CASE MANAGER / FACILITATOR – IMPACT
October 12, 2023
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need.
Funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance, the Intersecting Meaningful Placement and Career Training (IMPACT) initiative is designed to improve employment opportunities for justice-involved adults in Memphis, both pre and post release. The program will meet participants where they are by addressing their basic needs and barriers to success resulting in placement of participants in long-term, well-paying jobs. IMPACT will offer participants career pathways through training, education, financial coaching, job placement and career development services.
The Case Manage/Facilitator will work with adult participants both pre and post release in local correctional facilities to provide case management and workforce development assistance. The program will meet participants where they are by addressing their basic needs and barriers to success resulting in placement of participants in long-term, well-paying jobs. IMPACT will offer participants career pathways through training, education, financial coaching, job placement and career development services. This role will also be responsible for facilitating a high quality, evidence-based risk assessment as well as classes both pre and post release. The Case Manager/Facilitator will work closely with the Job Developer in matching participants with workforce development opportunities and job placement. As the program serves individuals both pre and post release, should be willing and able to work in a correctional setting.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Conduct intake with potential participants including eligibility screening both pre and post release.
- Administer and evaluate the evidence-based risk assessment tool
- Conduct enrollment including a comprehensive assessment of needs.
- Facilitate employment related cognitive behavioral intervention curriculum in group settings.
- Provide individualized case management and collaborate with job developers to address participant barriers and needs.
- Enter and update participant information (services provided, incentives distributed, participant. progress) regularly through case management database.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with male and female re-entry populations, working in nonprofit settings, community-based organizations, or in social services.
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and can work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually.
- Ability to work within a corrections setting.
- Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills.
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
This position reports to the Assistant Program Director.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line “Case Manager- IMPACT”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.